Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Typicalish Days

So yesterday and today were really hectic, but honestly it's pretty much the norm. Yesterday we had our 11yo mother's helper. She's great hanging out with Sarah and some help with the boys, but honestly overall it just adds to the madness.  My mom was here from helping with Noah and Sarah during the endoscopy. 

Noah had PT in the morning. My mom stayed upstairs with Noah and the girls played in Sarah's room. Noah's so close to crawling, but I continue to struggle with my frustration that chronologically he isn't crawling at 1. I realize that he is just over 9 months adjusted, but it's still hard to see. He has reached the stage of really wanting it and being frustrated. I know that is just the first/next step to getting there, but it's hard to watch. Bo is all over the place- crawling, pulling up, cruising, and climbing. Hard comparison.

After fixing lunch for everyone I left the napping boys and quietly playing girls with mom and met a RAMOM friend for lunch. I came home and it was on again... mom left and dad came over for an hour and a half.  The greatest moment of chaos was when 11yo's mom picked her up, dad was leaving, I was feeding the boys who were crying, the phone rang, and then Sarah lost her mind.  SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!

Then I went to meet RAMOM friends for a monthly meeting while Andrew put them all to bed.

WOW! I was going to talk about today, but honestly more of the same.  We are still pretty much living Groundhogs Day with a few notable exceptions. We did have a playdate that lasted all day, but it was fun.

I get to work tomorrow and Friday for 10 hours each day. Please note that the "get to work" was no accident. It's like a vacation.  I still identify as a stay-at-home mom, but honestly the two days a week is also my sanity. I love both of my jobs.

I hope that my description of our days doesn't sound like I am complaining.  I love my husband and my 3 kids. I feel like the luckiest mom on earth.  Honestly, sometimes I am not as good as I would like to be at being in the moment, but I am so happy.  I will never manage to sound like pollyanna, but I am honestly so grateful for my life. The day-to-day is challenging, but so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it, but you obviously do it well. Give yourself a pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete